In collaboration with the Department of Health National Tuberculosis Control Program (DOH NTP), National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory (NTRL), Philippine Coalition Against Tuberculosis (PhilCAT), Cepheid, and Family Health International (FHI360), Interactive Research and Development (IRD) through the USAID’s TB Innovations & Health Systems Strengthening Project, The Consortium held its first successful recording and reporting online orientation workshop on July 29, 2020. The activity aimed to introduce the paper-based and online NTP recording and reporting platforms, explore C360 software in assessing utilization and positivity rates at facility level, and to strengthen public-private collaborations in this component.
Here are the activity highlights:
- Ramon Basilio (OIC Head of the NTRL ) opened the event with an inspiring message reiterating the multisectoral nature of ending TB.
- Soliman Guirgis (USAID’s TBIHSS/FHI360 Chief of Party) emphasized the essential role of the private sector, most especially The Consortium, in TB care.
- Pilar Mabasa (USAID’s TBIHSS/FHI360 Regional Implementation Team Lead) presented the history of The Consortium, along with the accomplishments in its recent initiatives.
- Edmon Tatlonghari (NTRL Program Officer) shared the results of the recently concluded first batch of Proficiency Assessments of Xpert laboratories. He also facilitated the didactics and interactive sessions on the NTP forms.
- Andro Gutierrez (DOH KMITS Senior Analyst) delved deeper into online recording and reporting through the Integrated TB Information System (IT IS).
- James Lee (Cepheid Global Marketing Manager for Informatics) walked the audience through the C360 platform.
- Lalaine Mortera (USAID’s TBIHSS/FHI360 Private Sector Advisor) discussed plans for initial implementation of Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra in The Consortium member facilities.
- Cae Mabansag (NTRL Program Officer) elaborated on the monitoring, evaluation and supervision processes for the RTDLs.
- Joey Hernandez (USAID’s TBIHSS /IRD PPM Specialist) synthesized the activity, along with presentation of next steps for The Consortium.
- Cleotilde How (PhilCAT National Chairperson) closed the event with warm thanks to everyone who attended this important activity,